***Be Sure To Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Great Recipes!!***
Southern Fried Cabbage:
The best-fried cabbage ever, in my opinion, is, cast iron skillet fried.
Do you make fried cabbage? Have you ever tried fried cabbage?
Oh brother, if not, then you need to give this a try. It’s delicious!
Cooking fried cabbage is really easy too. You just can’t go wrong with this simple little recipe. It makes an awesome side dish or it’s good all by itself.
Healthy Fried Cabbage
Cabbage is such a healthy vegetable. There are several health benefits to eating cabbage. Of, course I’m not giving any medical advice, but it is true.
Skillet cabbage recipes probably are not the most healthy. But then again it’s fried, right?. Is there really a healthy fried cabbage? Maybe not, but it sure is good I know that!
Cast iron skillet-fried cabbage recipes are so simple to cook and require very few ingredients. When combined, they make an awesome side dish. Or, as I mentioned earlier, I often make it a meal all by itself.
Easy Fried Cabbage Recipe
Bacon makes everything better and sausage does too when it comes to cabbage.
My version of the best skillet-fried cabbage includes some form of fried cabbage sausage and fried cabbage bacon recipes.
Summer sausage can be cut into chunks or bite-sized pieces.
Bacon is fried in a cast-iron skillet to a crisp and mixed together in what I call…..sweet satisfaction!
Skillet Fried Cabbage
- 1 whole head cabbage washed, and cored
- 1 pkg summer sausage cut into chunks or chopped
- 1 pkg bacon cut pieces in half before cooking
- 1 med white onion sliced
- 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the cabbage and cut out the core. Next cut cabbage into thin slices.
- Heat cast iron skillet and fry the bacon. Remove bacon to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain. Do Not Throw Dripping In Skillet Away!
- Add summer sausage to bacon drippings and heat for approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from the grease to the paper towel.
- Next add your onion to the grease and cook for about 1-2 minutes until soft. Add cabbage and stir together. It will be piled pretty high in the skillet, but that's ok, it will cook down.
- Stir cabbage and onion regularly.
- Once the cabbage cooks down a good bit, approx 6-8 minutes, add sausage and mix together. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Next add your crumbled up bacon to the mixture, stir together and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- ***Cabbage has a strong odor when cooking*** To help eliminate odor while cooking, add a couple tablespoons of apple-cider vinegar to cooking cabbage. It will not affect the taste of your cabbage.