Cast Iron Skillet Steak
You can be the hero of your next steak meal with this easy to make , easy to cook cast iron skillet steak recipe.
Everyone loves a good steak. But, not everyone knows how to cook a good steak. With this simple recipe, everyone you serve will be smiling. A smiling face is what we all look for!
It doesn’t have to be a ribeye or sirloin steak either. You can use any size steak, thickness or grade of meat. It really doesn’t matter too much. The only thing is, you will need to adjust cooking times for thicker or thinner steaks.
Doneness is another thing we need to discuss here. If you like your steak rare, cut back a minute or so. If you like your steak well done, you may need to add a minute or two. Experimenting is what makes cooking fun!
- 12 ounces rib eye or top-sirloin steak, approximately 1/2″ to 1″ thick
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry your steak and set aside.
- Preheat your 12″ cast iron skillet over high heat for about 4 minutes. Be careful with hot skillets. You may want to use a protective handle with your skillet.
- Rub the steak on both sides with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the steak in the skillet, and let it sear(brown) for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the steak, and let it sear(brown) for another 3-4 minutes.
- Put the skillet into the preheated oven for 5 minutes. (This will be medium rare.). Adjust accordingly for your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the skillet to a plate or platter, you can cover it loosely with aluminum foil or paper towel, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. ***It will continue to cook slightly under aluminum foil.***
- Remove from plate and enjoy!!